Fayette County 911 is urgently seeking applicants for the position on Part Time Dispatcher . The purpose of this position is to answer emergency 911 and non-emergency calls and coordinate the appropriate response; provide support to field officers and provide administrative support. This is accomplished by prioritizing incoming calls; simultaneously operating a multi-channel radio console and a multi-line telephone while maintaining a computer aided dispatch system among other computer systems. See full list of duties and responsibilities below for further information.
Compensation for part time positions is currently $12.75 an hour. NOTE: This position may work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be of good reputation and character
- Must not have been found guilty of any felony charges
- Must be of good appearance and personality
- Must have appropriate mental endurance and alertness, emotional stability, resourcefulness, and initiative in handling emergency situations, including non-impaired hearing and speech.
- Must be skilled at typing quickly and accurately (at least 30 WPM)
- Must pass FBI criminal screening and extensive background investigation
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and independently, as this position works with minimal supervision
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at Connersville Police Department: 100 E 5 St. Connersville, IN 47331.